As promised …
The pie was a huge success so here’s the recipe – all in all, only about 1 tablespoon of honey to sweeten it.
- 200 g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50 g melted butter or coconut oil
- Mix all together and press the dough into a baking pan, including up the sides.
- Bake in 175 C for 20-25 mins or till done.
- Let cool.
- 200 ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (30-35 g) honey
- 6 eggs
- 100 g butter or coconut oil
- Beat eggs and honey a little.
- Add the lemon juice and put over a double boiler.
- Continue to whip the curd until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and then add the fat while mixing.
- Let cool a little and then pour the curd into the crust.
Decorate with fresh strawberries cut in halves.
Oh, and the curd can of course be used for a lemon-meringue pie, or eaten by itself as a lemon pudding.